The doors to the computer science building and all CIP Pools are open during the day (06:30 - 20:00) on workdays.
Door lock system
If you need to use the CIP-Pool or enter the computer science building at other times, you can register your FAUcard for the electronic door lock system.
In order to get your card registered:
- fill out this form
- visit one of our consultation hours
- bring the form, your FAUcard and a government-issued photo ID (acceptable: passport, „Personalausweis”; not acceptable: drivers license, library card, copy of your passport, etc.)
Talk to the administrative staff of your chair or institute. They will advise you on the necessary steps.
Granting access to various doors
Please see the FAQ entry on this
In case of problems
If you can not open a door, please check:
- Does anyone else have the same problem? Probably the door lock system is broken, send us an email, we will try to fix it.
- Does the card reader show an orange blinking light? The door lock system is broken, send us an email, we will try to fix it.
- Does the card reader show red, green or no light when you hold your card to it?
- red: You do not have access to this particular door or your access is expired.
- green: You have access to this door, but the lock is broken somehow. Send us an email, we will try to fix it.
- no light: If you see no light except the normal, steady orange, your card is not recognized or broken. You need to get a new FAUcard.
Lost your card
A lost card can be used to gain unauthorized access and wreak all kinds of havoc. The person showing up in the access logs will be you, so it is in your best interest to get a lost card disabled as soon as possible.